Software Development Manager
In this role, you will be responsible for all aspects of custom application development solutions and support. Partnering with business stakeholders, you will identify their needs and respond with potential solutions, costs, timelines, and success measures related to technology and operational workflow. You will be the technical goto person, where you will be empowered to make key architecture, and requirements decisions on projects, and key software development decisions. You will lead and coach a team of 15-25 members in developing and implementing custom program applications and establish schedules and methods for providing technical support services. A successful candidate will have many of the following knowledge, skillsets, and attributes:
- In-depth operational knowledge of software architecture, development, integration and support.
- Experience in Agile development methodologies.
- Management theory and application, including performance management and coaching.
- Experience recommending appropriate technology to meet client needs.
- Communicating clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Strong project management skills to oversee projects and to manage resources across multiple projects.
- Strong working knowledge of application development processes in a web-based environment.
- Familiarity with DevOps principles.
- Experience in leading and guiding teams on application architecture, coding, code reviews, test plans, deployments and operations to drive excellence through the organization.
- Ability to provide technical leadership in the following technologies:
- Initiative, creativity, and a proactive approach that exemplifies “can do” behavior.
- Participative leadership skills that involves employees in decision making and creates a collaborative framework to meet desired results and outcomes.
- Implementing and maintaining continuous process improvement methods.
- Promoting a culture of respect, inclusiveness, and appreciation of diverse perspectives, backgrounds, and values.
We work with a variety of great companies, primarily in Portland, Oregon. We offer you engagements in software development, IT Infrastructure, Corporate Applications, and Technology Product Engineering.
Our Consultants are important team members of ProFocus. We offer medical benefits, 401k, education reimbursement, etc.
We are looking to hire only the best talent in the marketplace. If you are great at what you do, we’d like to learn more about you.
Our clients ask us to help them in a variety of ways, through statements of work, consulting engagements, contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire relationships. ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer.