Staff Embedded Software Engineer
- ProFocus is searching for an Embedded Software Engineer with experience with Ethernet and USB.
- Newberg, OR
- This position is to work in a small team developing embedded application level Ethernet and both client and server Web Service solutions for device connectivity. Development will also include implementing a secure and robust firmware update solution on an embedded device. In addition to software development, the engineer will follow formal requirements gathering, design and testing processes
- BS degree and at least two years of relevant, professional engineering experience of increasing complexity or a comparable combination of coursework and experience
- Embedded software development experience using C/C++
- Ability to interpret software requirements and apply object-oriented design methodologies
- Socket level Ethernet programming experience
- Understanding of HTTP and HTTPS protocols
- Familiarity with Ethernet and Web security
We work with a variety of great companies, primarily in Portland, Oregon. We offer you roles in software development, IT Infrastructure, Corporate Applications, and Technology Product Engineering.
We offer excellent benefits for our team members, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
We are looking to hire only the best talent in the marketplace. If you are great at what you do, we’d love to learn more about you.
Our clients ask us to help them in a variety of ways, through statements of work, consulting engagements, contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire relationships.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We want you to apply.