Sr. Project Manager
Contract To Hire
Sr. Project Manager
- ProFocus is searching for a for a Sr. Project Manager for a contract-to-hire position in Portland, OR. This is an Enterprise level position with great pay and is responsible for ensuring that projects are delivered on schedule and within budget, while satisfying agreed upon customer requirements and specifications within the scope of the project. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- Portland, OR
* Responsible for delivering projects to successful completion; accountable for the quality and timeliness of all defined projects, and for issues (goals, resource allocation, release planning, technology architecture, etc.) within the projects.
* Mentor and develop project management skills in project managers.
* Contribute to the development of, and ensure adherence to, company adopted project management methods.
* Plan, direct, coordinate and report project management activities in accordance with Enterprise Program Management Office policies and standards.
* Responsible for overseeing multiple projects ensuring timely deliverables within budgetary constraints.
* Manages the overall project plan(s). Prepares and presents project plans and status reports to organizational leadership, project teams and client/customer groups.
* Responsible for project outcomes through effective project planning, task definition, scope management, resource allocation and negotiation, risk mitigation, cost management, and stakeholder communication.
* Assembles project team, assigns individual responsibilities, identifies appropriate project resources and provides guidance and direction to project team members.
* Defines, collects and analyzes metrics to ensure projects are on target.
* Proactively recommends courses of action to maintain cost effectiveness.
* Certificate in Project Management strongly preferred. Project Management Professional (PMP) certification is a strong plus.
* Familiarity with the Project Management Institute (PMI) Guide and the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK).
* Demonstrated project portfolio of successful, progressive project management with at least 5 years experience. This includes a leadership role in the execution of large-scale, concurrent projects. (Greater than $1 million with team of 10).
* Applied experience in leading multi-disciplinary, high-performance work teams.
* Demonstrated ability to identify problems, mediate issues, develop solutions and implement a course of action.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills (both oral and written) with a customer service orientation.
* Familiarity with automated project management software tools.
* Functional competencies include Budgeting, Change Management, Client Management, Methodology Approach and Business Life Cycle, Mission /Vision/Strategy, Project Planning and Organization, Risk Management.
* Demonstrated success at meeting project budget, timelines, and requirement targets and managing variances.
* Demonstrated success at mentoring and developing project management skills in project managers.
*Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Thorough understanding of the project life-cycle.
- Ability to mitigate project milestones/deliverable delays and critical resource allocation issues from the work breakdown schedule.
- Skilled in the identification, assessment and contingency planning for risk factors.
- Presentation experience to all levels of management.
- Exceptionally strong leadership skills.
- Demonstrated experience working with business sponsors and partners to identify and implement solutions.
- Proven ability to motivate teams to achieve defined deliverables and be able to work effectively with clients.
We work with a variety of great companies, primarily in Portland, Oregon. We offer you roles in software development, IT Infrastructure, Corporate Applications, and Technology Product Engineering.
We offer excellent benefits for our team members, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
We are looking to hire only the best talent in the marketplace. If you are great at what you do, we’d love to learn more about you.
Our clients ask us to help them in a variety of ways, through statements of work, consulting engagements, contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire relationships.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We want you to apply.