- Data Engineer – Azure, RStudio, Python
- ProFocus is searching for a Sr. Data Engineer – Azure, RStudio, Python, for a 1-2 year contract with our client in Portland, OR.
This is a Senior level Data Engineer role with great pay and is responsible for setting up high-performance, high-availability Cloud Data infrastructure and services for Data Science, Analytics, BI and Visualization. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- Portland, OR
- Target pay for this role is between $55 and $75 per hour.
- Advanced degree in Mathematical and Statistical sciences or Computer Science with 4-5 years of related experience.
- Experience building cloud scalable, real time and high-performance data lake solutions
- Experience with MS Azure components and services, particular HD Insight , Spark, Data Bricks, EventHub, ADLS, Tableau and Hadoop technology stack. Should have extensive experience with ETL data acquisition (Microsoft SSIS and API REST/JSON integrations) as well as exposure to projects using Container Orchestration (Kubernetes, Docker,etc)
- Extensive experience in creation of Data Model design, data integration and ETL supporting the Enterprise Data Warehouse. Should have solid background on Data modeling Concept and Standards like Data Vault, Star & Snowflake schema
- Experience working on Data Science use cases and help develops and deploy applications based on data science models using any of C#, Python OR Java is big PLUS
- Experience with Python, Spark, Shell & SQL and experience writing automation to deploy R (RStudio), Spark ML, and/or Python apps (pandas, numpy, scipy, keras, etc.).
WHAT YOU WILL ACCOMPLISH IN THIS ROLE
- You will work on a variety of complex business problems such as forecasting, personalization, and inventory optimization etc. You will productionize and scale solutions on cloud as well as On Premise, as APIs, stream processing, or massive batch processing. You will leverage concepts of data science, big data, parallel processing technologies, advanced analytics, machine learning, and deep learning techniques to quantitatively plan product demand, allocate resources, and target the right customers with the best solution. You will be leading POC efforts to define a solution road map for varying use cases in enterprise and possesses ability to multitask, able to take charge and lead tasks to completion.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a large Fortune 500 company with a large initiave to build out a industry leading Big Data team.
- Please email us your resume at [email protected] (including the job title in the email) or call us at 503-236-2000.
- If there is an “apply to this job” button included in this ad, you can also apply that way. We look forward to hearing from you.
We work with a variety of great companies, primarily in Portland, Oregon. We offer you roles in software development, IT Infrastructure, Corporate Applications, and Technology Product Engineering.
We offer excellent benefits for our team members, including medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
We are looking to hire only the best talent in the marketplace. If you are great at what you do, we’d love to learn more about you.
Our clients ask us to help them in a variety of ways, through statements of work, consulting engagements, contract, contract-to-hire, and direct hire relationships.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We want you to apply.