Data and Analytics Director
Data and Analytics Director – Salem, Oregon
Lead the enterprise analytics program by leveraging data to drive operational excellence and to support informed decision-making throughout the organziation. Manage the design and development of analytic solutions through advanced analytics, data warehouse, and business intelligence (BI) tools and processes.
It is essential for all employees to adhere to company policies.
• Lead the enterprise analytics program by leveraging data and advanced algorthims to develop actionable insights. Lead projects through prioritization, planning, modeling, and implementation.
• Work with business partners at all levels to support data analytics through the enterprise.Collaboratively explore opportunities and leverage industry best practices in support of business goals.
• Lead the development and enhancement of the data warehouse and analytics systems. Lead the identification of information requirements and development and implementation of data warehouse strategies that enhance business processes and manage business intelligence.
• Investigate and evaluate analytics trends within the insurance industry. Evaluate and promote opportunities appropriate for company’s business.
• Act as a technical leader to provide guidance regarding the use of data warehouse systems, analytic practices including advanced analytics, and database support. Provide subject matter expertise regarding current systems and emerging technology.
• Manage staff workloads to ensure project deadlines and business requirements are met. Coach staff on the use of project management best practices.
• Oversee the configuration and auditing of data warehouses to ensure quality control of data.
• Provide leadership in data management efforts and in improving advanced analytics and reporting.
• Manage the delivery of solutions to scale and support future growth, reduced maintenance, better usability, and improved performance.
• Manage staff by utilizing the performance management process, clarifying job responsibilities and performance expectations, establishing goals and job competencies, identifying skill gaps, creating development plans, coaching on a continuous basis, and evaluating performance. Responsible for the hiring and termination of employees and determining wage/salary levels within company policy guidelines.
• Prepare operational budget, monitor expenditures throughout the year, and manage variances to ensure budgetary guidelines are met while upholding high standards of customer service excellence.
Job description is a summary of the essential and anticipated additional functions of a job and does not represent an all-inclusive list of tasks
Experience: Eight or more years of analytics, data warehouse, database design, and database administration experience, with one or more years of supervisory or significant leadership experience. Data and analytics experience within insurance or related fields preferred.
Education: A bachelor’s degree in information technology, data science, or a related field.
Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available. The working environment is generally favorable, with no exposure to hazardous conditions caused by noise, dust, or other factors.