TITLE: TECHNICAL ARCHITECT FOR WEB & MOBILE APPLICATIONS
LOCATION: Portland, OR or Remote
PAY: Target salary for this role is $130,000 -140,000 but may vary based on experience.
ProFocus is searching for a Technical Architect, Web and Mobile for a full-time position at a digital consulting agency in Portland, OR.
This is a Senior level Technical Architect role with great pay with the following responsibilities:
o Architect, document, and drive the development vision including technical diagrams, workflows, and infrastructure for web and mobile applications.
o Work alongside clients and designers & developers to problem solve, design, validate, estimate, build, and test web and mobile applications
o Provide context and communicate technical decisions for the team
o Work with project managers to break down projects into tasks and establish documentation to help developers succeed
o Identify and escalate risks (budget, deadline, ambiguity, etc)
o Translate business goals from clients into actionable solutions
o Mentor developers in implementing your technical plan and ensure quality standards are met through regular code reviews
o Collaborate with Director of Technology on best tools, products, processes, etc for technical work across the Agency
Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- The position of Technical Architect will provide a key role in the creation of large-scale web and mobile applications. At its core, the Technical Architect role provides practical planning, communication & documentation for the work for our developers to then go build. It’s the ultimate in the weeds role, as you literally define the “how we accomplish this” from a set of product requirements. You’ll partner with our clients, designers, and project managers to design a technical solution and then help the team get it produced.
- 10+ years of professional web/ application development experience
- Experience migrating legacy applications to more modern frameworks
- Team leadership experience
- Provable experience building enterprise applications
- Implement external integrations using RESTful APIs as well as create your own endpoints
- Expert with relational databases (PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc)
- Expert at Cloud Infrastructures (AWS, Azure, GCP, etc)
- Solid foundation in data structures, algorithms, and object-oriented design
- Care about process, and believe good documentation is critical when architecting large applications and working across teams
- Experience with Kubernetes, Docker, and other DevOps tools
- Helpful & positive attitude around your work and helping our developers succeed
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Experience working in a delivery-driven agency environment
- Provide a strong portfolio with work samples
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a mid-sized and well-regarded company with an excellent benefits and culture.
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Want to learn more? Contact one of our recruiters here or email [email protected].
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.