TITLE: Sr Game Developer – WebGL, Typescript
PAY: Target pay for this role is **between $70 and $90+** per hour but may vary based on experience.
ProFocus is searching for a Sr Game Developer – WebGL, Typescript for a 4-6 month+ contract at an exciting EdTech company. This is a fully remote position.
- This is a senior level game developer role with great pay and is responsible for producing amazing and engaging games for elementary aged students via a multi-platform 3D world. This team operates in a fast-paced environment at a company that is scaling quickly and since the pandemic has become the market leader. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- Join our internal game studio. We’re building a multi-user, multi-platform 3D world for kids aged 5-8 to create and play with their classmates. The game environment is procedurally generated and user-customizable. With millions of kids already active on the platform, the game is “live-by-default” – we work very iteratively and practice continuous delivery/deployment, with the ability to ship updates multiple times a week. But that doesn’t mean that we’re just chasing metrics; we work very closely with kids to find the fun, and with teachers to find the learning. We strive to build a game with heart, soul, and a point of view – because when those things are missing, kids notice.
- You have 3+ years of game development experience
- You have experience in OpenGL and/or WebGL
- You have past experience delivering 3D games for Mobile platforms, and experience working within the performance budgets of mobile games
- You have the ability to work effectively with cross-functional teams
- You have experience in a company with a high-quality culture
- You have a track record for creating compelling games and playful experiences
- You have a passion for games and ability to think out of the box — plus, having a strong instinct for what makes a great game.
- Experience with other backends (e.g. Vulkan/Metal/DirectX)
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Provide a strong portfolio with work samples
- Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a mid-sized and quickly growing EdTech company that is used in over 95% of US schools. They have an exceptional reputation and culture and are passionate about their mission.
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.