ProFocus is searching for a Front End Developer for a long-term contract position (1 year+) at a large, dynamic, forward-thinking corporation in Portland, OR.
Targeted Pay between $55-$60/hour W2.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities of the Front End Developer:
- Ability to translate high-fidelity mockups into HTML templates using the latest web techniques, frameworks and libraries: HTML5, CSS4, React, Bootstrap, etc.
- Create new components and user-facing features based on an existing design language
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Assure proper validations and checks before data is submitted to the back-end
Successful Front End Developer Candidates will demonstrate the following skills and behaviors:
- Strong analytical skills with attention to detail
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3, etc.
- Proficient understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to deliver results within a Scrum development team
- Ability to work well with developers, stakeholders, and designers
- A driven personality, and ability to work with minimal supervision
Required Knowledge and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
- Experience interacting with data delivered to a view from a controller in both object and array formats
- Experience consuming RESTful APIs
- Working experience with code versioning tools such as Git, RTC, and TFS
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS preprocessing platforms, such as LESS and SASS is a plus
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Want to learn more? Contact one of our recruiters here or email [email protected].
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.