TITLE: Principal Embedded Engineer – Linux Kernel/BSP
LOCATION: San Francisco Bay Area
PAY: Target pay for this role is 150,000 – 175,000 but may vary based on experience
- ProFocus is searching for a Principal Embedded Engineer for a direct hire/full time role in the San Francisco Bay Area
- This is a Senior level engineering role with great pay and is responsible for working on a mass-market product running on Embedded Linux or Android. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- At least 10 years of Software development experience, with at least 7 years, as a Kernel/BSP engineer
- Strong, hands-on C/C++ experience, leading scalable software design and implementation
- High degree of ownership and a ‘go-getter’ attitude that is contagious
- Quick learner, inquisitive with excellent verbal and written skills in English
- Bachelors degree in one or more of these Engineering fields: Electrical, Electronics, Telecommunications or Computer Science
- Extensive experience with Linux/Android camera stack (V4L2, HAL v3)
- Very comfortable with debugging tools such as Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope
- Experience with Device Security paradigms such as SELinux, disk encryption, secure boot, signed system builds
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Want to learn more? Call us at (503) 236-2000 or email [email protected].
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.