TITLE: Linux Kernel Engineering Manager
PAY: Target pay for this role is $160,000 – 180,000 but may vary based on experience.
- ProFocus is searching for a Linux Kernel Engineering Manager for a fully remote, direct hire opportunity
- This is a mid to senior level manager role with great pay and is responsible for leading a team will be owning the delivery of newly approved products, including development of critical product specific features and managing dependencies from other teams. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- Build out a team of high functioning software engineers with wide breadth of knowledge in complex embedded systems based on Embedded Linux or Android
- Manage a group of Software developers with high degree of ownership to drive end to end delivery of software modules for new products
- Work with Product managers to finalize requirements, negotiate timelines and set realistic expectations
- Work with other functional software teams to understand dependencies and get their commitments
- Identify software functions that your teams need to own, review software design that your teams produce, guide them to provide estimates and drive these to completion following the Agile software development process
- Make sure all dependencies are being delivered on time and escalate as needed to help unblock teams
- Post release, handle customer escalations, issues and new feature requests until the product is either end of life or the maintenance is handed over to a software support team.
- Manage the development of proof of concepts to explore feasibility novel initiatives
- 10+ years of experience in software development, with at least 7 years as a Kernel/BSP engineer for a mass market product, running on Embedded Linux or Android
- Extensive hands-on experience with bring-up of Android or Linux devices on more than one popular ARM-based SoCs such as the Qualcomm Snapdragon series, MediaTek, NXP SoCs
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong, hands-on C/C++ experience, leading scalable software design and implementation for large-scale, highly complex set of requirements
- Experience with GPU pipeline optimization
- Extensive experience with Linux/Android camera stack (V4L2, HAL v3)
- Very comfortable with debugging tools such as Logic Analyzer and Oscilloscope
- Experience with Device Security paradigms such as SELinux, disk encryption, secure boot, signed system builds
- Experience with Gstreamer
- Experience with hardware-based acceleration for audio/video codecs
- Experience with Python development
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Want to learn more? Call us at (503) 236-2000 or email [email protected].
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.