TITLE: Lead Device Support Engineer
- C/C++ and/or Java
- AOSP Framework
LOCATION: Newark, CA (remote)
PAY: Target pay for this role may vary based on experience.
- ProFocus is searching for a Lead Device Support Engineer who has worked closely with Customer Support and Sales Engineers to create tools that will diagnose issues and identify root cause.
- This is a direct hire role in Newark, California. This is an Experienced/Senior level Lead Device Support role with great compensation and will be responsible to:
- Create tools and processes that would make it easier to diagnose incoming issues
- Partner with QA and engineers to come up establish good practices to reduce Customer Found Defects and the turnaround time for resolving CFDs.
- Be at the front end of customer escalations to assess and direct to appropriate engineering team.
- Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- Comfortable troubleshooting issues across the device SW stack, from the Kernel/Driver layer to System Services, including AOSP Framework issues
- Excellent communication skills and problem solving ability
- Good knowledge of scripting tools such as Linux Bash, Windows BAT and/or Python
- 7+ years of experience supporting a large-scale embedded Linux or Android device
- 2+ years leading a team of junior suppport engineers
- Comfortable with extracting and parsing through system logs on both embedded Linux and Android
- Comfortable with RegEx search tools such as grep and/or awk
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- Comfortable with higher-level programming languages such as C, C++ and/or Java
- Experience building and managing a remote team of junior support engineers
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a large company with an excellent culture, and a lot of opportunity to work on a product that will be used by millions
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.