TITLE: IT Support Technician II
LOCATION: Portland, OR
PAY: Target pay for this role is between $30 and $38 per hour but may vary based on experience.
- ProFocus is searching for a IT Support Technician II for a full-time contract-to-hire role in Portland, OR.
- This is a mid-level IT Support Technician role with great pay and is responsible for spearheading Tier 1 and Tier 2 support helpdesk and System troubleshooting, This role will help to transform service organization in global market leader logistics company. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary responsibility to provide onsite and remote support for CGI organization; responsible for troubleshooting and resolution of computer and mobile device hardware and software issues, telephony, printers and networking
- Proactively manage the ticketing environment and assume end-to-end ownership of service interruptions, escalations and other high priority issues
- Provides end-user support according to IT Service support policies.
- Ensures that all requests from users are logged and escalation procedures are followed
- Partner with senior members of the team to learn new skills, ask for help, and escalate as needed
- Maintain all systems in accordance with CGI established security policies and procedures
- Hardware and software support, resolving software errors, installing and updating software, installing and replacing hardware, and training end-users
- Install and configure desktop computer system hardware and software; operating system and applications software, printers
- Researches and evaluates new software and hardware technologies which could enhance the computer system
- Ensure network infrastructure reliability by managing and maintaining firewalls, security appliances, routers, switches, telephone, Internet, WANs, and wireless access
- Maintain the inventory and provide accounting for CGI resources including software, server, workstation and laptop systems
- Performs all information systems operations activities, including checking error logs, verifying the integrity of systems, performing disaster recovery drills and maintaining operations logs.
- Support and administrative services for Microsoft related technologies including Windows Server, Exchange, SQL, Office 365, Azure, etc.
- Work with the team to automate management tasks, streamline processes and perform standard administration functions as needed
- 2+ years of experience as professional IT support tech or service desk
- Service first mentality
- Experience with ticketing systems and incident response
- Considerable (conceptual and practical) knowledge of computer technology, applications, operating systems, and the capabilities and limitations of computer and peripheral equipment
- Experience with Microsoft Windows 10 operating systems support
- Experience with Microsoft Windows Administration, Active Directory, in a Windows Server 2008/2012/2016/2019 environment
- Experience with Group Policies, Software, Security, Login and logout functions
- Experience operating Windows Exchange 2010/2013/2016/2019 Infrastructure a plus
- Experience Internet Information Server, Web, FTP, SMTP
- Exposure to storage and data management products, Intel based servers, storage and NAS technologies. Nimble a plus
- Understanding of Firewalls, security appliances and software
- Knowledge of Microsoft SQL-Server and client/server
- Understanding of Veeam or other Backup solutions.
- Understanding of TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS
- Working knowledge of VMware
- Working knowledge of the Citrix Desktop environment
- Experience with iOS and Android mobile platform highly preferred
- Scripting experience a plus
- Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas.
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a mid-sized company with a global presence and headquarters in Portland, OR. They are respected for their excellent reputation and culture.
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.