TITLE: Head of Engineering
LOCATION: SW Portland, OR
PAY: Target pay for this role is between $140K and $180K annually but may vary based on experience.
- ProFocus is searching for a Head of Engineering for a full-time position at an eLearning company in SW Portland, OR.
- This Senior level, Head of Engineering role is responsible for building a team and scaling software systems, to create a road map for releasing new features and updates for existing web application. This role will also implement the creation of Android and iOS applications.
- Perform hands on deployment of highly scalable solutions using your full stack skills.
- Build, manage and mentor a team of 6 – 12 software developers and engineers to accomplish growth goals
- Perform cloud computing, systems design and system administration
- Create a road map for releasing major new features and updates to transition out of existing web application in WordPress
- Plan for creation of and then deploy new iOS and Android applications
- 5+ years of a combination of front end and back end development experience, developing large scale, customer-facing websites and mobile applications
- Minimum of 3 years managing engineering teams leveraging lean/agile methodologies
- Ability to articulate ideas to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Passion for delivering game-changing, innovative products!!
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills
- AWS or other cloud computing
- Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering or demonstrate equivalent experience
- Previous work experience in an eLearning organization a major plus
- Some exposure to WordPress and Apache a plus
- Relational database experience desired
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a small and established company with a fantastic mission and company culture.
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Want to learn more? Call us at (503) 236-2000 or email [email protected].
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.