Contract To Hire
In this position, you will be part of a team of DevOps/Test Automation Engineers who will drive continuous process improvement, and increase the efficiency and quality of our CI test infrastructure and test automation. You will extend our current CI capabilities to support multiple teams. You will identify and implement creative ways to monitor and reduce SQA test times and accelerate adoption of Continuous Integration best practices.
- Manage and improve the Continuous Integration infrastructure to support unified automated builds and testing for multiple teams/projects
- Drive the software Continuous Integration process, adaption/execution across teams
- Implement tools and best practices for release, environment, and configuration management to improve build success rates
- Review and assess current infrastructure in place and provide specific options/improvements to configuration management and flexible delivery system to increase quality of software and to improve efficiency
- Drive best practices for test automation, test execution and test management, reduce SQA cycle times, increase adaption for test automation
- Lead team to apply testing methodologies, principles and process to define and implement key metrics to manage and assess process for CI builds and test execution
- Act as a strong advocate for quality in the product development process for software engineering
- Work collaboratively with the software development teams to understand their needs and improve the feedback mechanism on reporting build issues in terms of time and quality of data
- Drive leverage and reuse across platforms with respect to test suites and CI/test automation framework
- Identify current gaps to better support multiple teams efficiently and effectively
- Drive activities to constantly maintain an appropriate technology stack to support the Continuous Integration functions
- Collaborate with architects and software delivery leadership to uncover pain points and opportunities to accelerate the delivery of new business value through software
- Experience working as a Build engineer 3+ years
- Expert in Continuous Integration (“build”) tooling and practices, including technologies such as Jenkins (preferred), GitLab CI, Grunt/Gulp, Lint and Cucumber
- Extensive experience with automated testing frameworks
- Minimum 3 years’ experience with C, C++, and Python in both Linux and Windows environments
- Experience working on Agile teams and supporting multiple projects
- Proficient with Development Management Tools such as, Jira, Confluence.
- Experienced with the deployment and support of containers such as Chef.
- Bachelor degree, preferably in CS
- Experience with all phases of software testing including test planning, functional testing, and regression testing
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes
- Strong leadership skills, including proven abilities in motivation, coaching and conflict resolution
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- Proactive working style with the ability to adapt to change
- Analytical and problem solving skills – a can-do, roll up your sleeves attitude.