TITLE: Database Administrator – MS-SQL, SSIS, T-SQL, ETL
PAY: Target pay for this role is $50.00-$70.00 per hour but may vary based on experience.
- ProFocus is searching for a Database Administrator – MS-SQL, SSIS, T-SQL, ETL for a 6-month contract role at a public organization in Portland, OR.
- This is a Mid-Senior level Database Administrator role with great pay and is responsible for the design, development, tuning, maintenance and administrative of Enterprise SQL Server database environments. Please email us your resume so we can discuss.
- Database Administrator to be responsible for the design, development, tuning, maintenance and administration of Enterprise SQL Server database environments. This position will support a number of small and large projects including supporting a large upgrade of MS-SQL database, migration form legacy database, and supporting deployments of .net developers.
Scope of Work: Database Administration, troubleshooting, maintenance and support
Database Architecture and Development:
Database Performance Tuning
- 3-5 yrs years of experience in MS-SQL Database Administration
- Required Skills and Abilities: Administer database components (i.e., containers, tablespaces, tables, indexes, views, etc) for on-premise as well on cloud.
– Administer database security, monitor and correct space utilization.
– Design and implement physical and logical database backups and perform database restorations.
– Develop and schedule database maintenance jobs, and troubleshoot database problems
– Database object migration between development, test and production environments
Promotion and deployment of applications
– Installation, upgrades, patches for supported COTS applications and database software release.
– Create architectural models and evaluate architecture, technology and product alternatives.
– Design, build and deploy effective ETL solutions and provide maintenance, troubleshooting, support and performance improvements.
– Monitor performance, identify bottlenecks and recommend and/or perform adjustments to optimize performance
– Perform software and database migration for software upgrades
- Minimum Experience: 3-5 years of experience in Microsoft SQL Server database administration, including: MS SQL Server Management Studio MS SQL Server database, MS Integration Server (SSIS,) Microsoft Active Director,y MS SQL Server backup and recovery, Transact SQL (T-SQL), stored procedures, query plans, functions, views, indexes and triggers, Database modeling, data conversion
- Scripting experience: Powershell, etc, ETL experience
- Have strong verbal and written communication skills, highly collaborative, hard-working with initiative to solve problems autonomously
- Authorization to work in the US is a precondition of employment. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Azure migration, ,NET
ABOUT OUR CLIENT
- Our client is a large public organization with an excellent reputation for providing critical services to the community.
- Candidates come first. ProFocus recently earned the Best in Staffing Award for Talent Satisfaction due to our World-Class service to our amazing candidates.
- Quality process. We invest the time to learn about your skills, experience, and career goals in detail so we can find you a position that is a great fit.
- Access to hiring managers. We have close relationships with some of the most respected companies in Portland. Due to those relationships, we can provide direct access to managers and positions that may not be available anywhere else.
- Excellent benefits. We offer medical, dental, vision, 401k, education reimbursement, sick leave, and employer-paid short-term disability and life insurance.
Please email us your resume to apply: [email protected]
Visit our Job Seekers page to learn more and review other opportunities.
ProFocus is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity in our workplace and encourage all qualified applicants regardless of race, color, age, sex, religion, national origin, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, marital status, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.